Monday, August 10, 2009

crazy month!

Since I wrote last time, Sonny has offically moved out on his own. He got to experience the thrill of assemblying his first piece of furniture from IKEA! He also rented a U-Haul truck for the first time and recruited his brother and sister to help him load it up and drive away.......leaving me with a broom in hand to sweep out his now empty bedroom. I did shed a tear or two, I admit. I did follow along and offered my support and help with making the bed etc. It is such a cute place located on the penninsula side of Newport Beach, over a bike-rental shop and a cigar bar. A new business has moved in also, a ballroom dance studio. His place has 2 gorgeous bathrooms with marble and travertine. I'm jealous! The kitchen is small but has stainless appliances and granite counters. Once the summer winds down it will be a lot more peaceful. However, city-boy Sonny who was accustomed to living in Cambridge doesn't mind the noise. He has had lots of visitors. He started his job today. I am a proud Mom!
Mairin had her National Dance Competition in Long Beach. She did very well and is psyched-up for her senior year of dance! She left yesterday with Aunt Karrie to New York City! She has never been and is really excited. She will be taking dance lessons at some of the big studios there and seeing some Broadway shows.
Colin had his orientation for Cal. St. San Marcos on Sat. and is getting very excited about heading off to college. He met a ton of other students and also one more of his roommates. At the end of August I will be driving him to his dorm and then it will just be Mairin and me at home. Most of the time.
My sister Julie moved up here from Mexico City with her four adorable kids. Joaquine and Diego are 5 and will be starting kindergarten. Isabelle is 8 and will enter 2nd grade, and Rodri is 10 and will be going into 4th. They have moved into Dad's house to assist him in getting his feet back under him. She is a saint! I help out by having the kids to my house or down to the pool. I love them to death!
Maybe having them here will help with my "empty-nest" syndrome!
My hair is growing out, almost ponytail length. One of the gentle reminders of what I went through.
As my role as a Mom winds down, I am looking for new things to push me personally and professionally. I have started a "vision-board" to inspire me. I know that I am blessed to have such a close family around me, and amazing friends.
Until next time,
Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

Macsmithuk said...

Snap is an ITES Solution provider based in india with its eminent
and potent team, which caters clients in level of sure satisfaction.