Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm going, I'm going!

I can't believe it, when I was first diagnosed in June, I prayed that I would be able to make it back to Boston for the Harvard/Yale game. I have had it on my calendar. The blood clot seemed like it might derail me, then my extreme fatigue made the trip seem implausible.
But I'm packed and ready to go! I don't think I would have been able to make it if my sister Karrie was not going with me. She has been such a pillar of strength for me. I know I can lean on her if I start to fade. We leave early tomorrow and arrive in Boston in the afternoon. It was strange packing for a cold, almost frigid east coast when the weather here was a balmy 80 today! We will take a booster bus from Harvard Sat. am to New Haven. We will then meet up with Uncle Michael who will join us for the game. We'll cruise the infamous tailgates (they started here after all, over a hundred years ago...although I think it must have been horse and buggy gates!). Both Harvard and Yale are undefeated in the Ivy League, so this game is for the championship.
We will be attending the football banquet on Mon. and then flying back on Tues. morning. Sonny will be joining us and spend some days at home recuperating from a brutal football season. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Love,
Nancy
PS..Good luck Mission in the CIF round against Orange Lutheran!

No comments: