Wednesday, November 7, 2007

latest updates

Hi friends and family,
I know it has been awhile since I last blogged in. Since my last entry I have had doctor appmts. with my Oncologist, and also my surgeon, and the Genetics doctor who counseled me on the BRACCA 1 & 2 tests for hereditary breast cancer markers. All three of them gave me the same advice regarding this frustrating blood clot. Be patient, and move it, and use hot compresses. They expect that it will take a couple of months before it gets reabsorbed. My surgeon actually showed me a chart with all of the veins of the arm on it. I feel that I know have a better understanding of the situation. Once I get the results of the genetic test back, it may open or close another entire round of action. However, I won't even mention those until I get the results back. I have 2 more doctors appmts. tomorrow. One is the bone scan, that will serve as the baseline for starting my 5 years of Arimedex. One potential side effect is the reduction of bone density. At least I get to have a pill I will take everyday that will give me some confidence that I am still fighting any potential cancer cells that slipped through the chemotherapy.
I have started walking the lake, one lap is one mile. I can do it! Yeah! But have been sore after the three days of doing it. I am bound and determined to keep it up. The dogs are benefiting also.
What felt really good was picking up the phone and talking with Realtors. I wanted to talk with all of the ones that had been through my listings, and make sure they were aware that they were active and on the market. I actually had many great conversations with Realtors out there in this crazy market. Generally, the feeling was good that the lowering of interest rates, and less homes on the market during the onset of the holiday season, more homes were going to be moving. Do any of you reading this know of anyone that needs to buy a home in Rancho Santa Margarita? Or have one to sell? Call me!
Thanks for checking in with me. I hope to get to the MV football game this Friday to watch Mairin cheer. Then next week, I am going to Boston to watch the Harvard/Yale game. It will be televised here on the west coast at 9 am in the morning. Check it out!
Love
Nancy

No comments: