Tuesday, September 2, 2008

what a great weekend!






I hope you all had a fantastic labor day weekend like I did. First of all I took charge of my crazy hair and had it cut, and highlighted. Shannon did a great job and cut off my "mullet" and thinned it out a lot. I now feel like I have a cute short haircut, instead of my "chemo" hair growing out. I still want to get some length to it, but I am so happy.
Monday early am I met a co-worked, friend of mine for the RSM 5K run/walk. We did it and had so much fun. There were about 1000 of us out there and it was a beautiful morning.
Then Mairin and I headed up to UCLA Rose Bowl to watch the UCLA vs Tenn. game. We joined my friend Cherie and her hubby Mark after seeing their gorgeous new home. We practically lost our voices and stayed for the fireworks. We were proud of our "homeboys--the Molines" (MVHS grads) and had a blast.
Health-wise I got my 3 mo. check-up from my plastic surgeon who removed my stitches and gave me the go-ahead to do upper-body conditioning. I went full-out for 3 days and can hardly move my arms to type. A little over-zealous after not using them for over a year.

No comments: