Sunday, May 18, 2008

Winding down

What a week! I just re-read my last 2 entries, I laughed, they were actually pretty funny.
My recuperation period was put into high gear when I had a call from a client that they wanted to see a particular property on Friday. The weather was in the scorching 100's and I had an appointment with the doctor in the am. I didn't feel like I was quite capable of driving, so my friend to the rescue, Claudia, picked me up and off we went. Won't go into the details, but it was a successful appointment, although I did have to put the seat all the way back and lie down flat on the way home. Thanks Claudia, you are a trouper.
I managed to rally and show the house to the clients, then head over to the lacrosse banquet for Colin. Seriously folks, it was HOT! Sticky, yucky hot, hot, hot. The multi-purpose room for the banquet was beautiful, but with all of those boys and close quarters, hot.
I got there an hour late, due to my appointment with the prospective clients, but was able to hear all of the accolades of our JV and Varsity boys. I felt like I had melted.
My shoes squished and squished as I made my way to the parking lot. Cold shower and off to bed!
Saturday brought more showings to my buyers. YEAH! Do you even know what it means in this market to have a BUYER?? There was no way I would let on that I had recently had surgery.
Obviously, my vicodine had found a place on the shelf, and I would probably never re-visit it.
I was a Tylenol gal..from here on out.
Sunday morning, Colin and I headed up to Riverside for Mairin's dance competition. We left at 7 and arrived just in time for her first dance, a duet, with Kendall, which ended up winning best overall duet of the competition!
I know that I write this blog for myself. If anyone out there is still actually keeping up with me, well, god bless you. This is cathartic for me.
On a side note, have to mention the little wildlife situation. It seems that we have a swallow nest (let me clarify,,really a muddy looking mess located under our roof eve) that they keep coming back to year after year. It is definitely a mess, but we kind of like the idea that this couple picked us! (Yes, they are monogamous!)
However today we saw that a fledgling had fallen from the nest! It was so cute! It didn't appear hurt, and definitely wasn't shy. What should we do? Of course I called my sister, wildlife expert extraordinaire, and asked her what to do. She said we had to put it back in the nest immediately or it would die. WOW. Of course my upper extremities (arms) were not up to their full function, due to the recent surgery...and Mairin claimed she was afraid of heights. This nest was at the second story rafter. Way high.
To wrap this up...sorry I went on and on. We sent an email to the wildlife rescue federation, and they sent us back an email that said, put some shelter out there and leave it for the night.
Well, I looked out the window and saw the mother/father down there on the ground with it and chirping with each other. I am going to bed now. I hope and pray that the baby is OK...and that the weasel family does not find it. Oh..so much to worry about!
Love you..
Nancy

No comments: