Thursday, June 12, 2008

D-Day for me

June 13th, 2007.
That was D Day for me. Diagnosis day. But really just another day. While the feelings that I felt when she said the C word, are as clear today as they were then,,,the rest is fuzzy. It's not like I dwell on those days. Today I re-read my blog. It really outlined the roller-coaster I was on and how many people joined me on the ride. What stands out most in my mind is how much I had to slow down , duh, and that in itself gave me time to appreciate the little things.
Work has really picked up, and with all of us living here, going in different directions, always short a car for someone, I find that we get caught up in the momentum and maybe don't appreciate the small things again. Gut check. The experience that I (we) went through is not going to be lost and just 'back-to-business". Come on I challenge those of you that are still reading this to feel that scared feeling I felt when my DR. said cancer, and use it to motivate you to let the small stuff roll off and be the best you can be.
I am trying.
Carpe diem, every, single, day.
Love,
Nancy

No comments: