Saturday, June 7, 2008

Don't listen to the stories

Last week I had a friend relate to me that her best friend had a double mastectomy, and chemo...at age 49....and seemed fine...then it was back....she died at age 52.
Wow.
I think that image kind of set me back ...but also made me aware that this is an ongoing battle that I am engaged in. I can not accept the fact that I am cured. There may be cells in my body that are ready to take over. My doctor prescribed 30 min. a day of hard cardio...it is proven to benefit the percentages of recurrence. Have I done that? No. Will I ? Absolutely.....
I also should not have watched the movie tonight,,The Family Stone.....because the Mom,,,played by Diane Keaton,,,dies of breast cancer...and they even show her mastectomy scar. It is so weird seeing these scars....with no nipples.. And that is me. Then she dies. NOT me.
Good night.
Nancy

No comments: