Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clot update and fires nearby

Hi there. I had a new ultrasound today to track the "clot". It is a little larger, and further up my arm. She asked me if I was using it "normally". I said no, it hurt to move it. She gave me a prescription for a pain reliever/ mild blood thinner. She wants me to try and start using it to stop the clot from getting larger. Will do!
She also said that it may take a couple of months for this clot to go away. It is a slow process. While I was waiting for my ultrasound, I ran into my surgeon, Dr.Rand-Luby. We talked about my clot, and she felt it was def. related to my last chemo. and that I should try and move it more. She gave me some mental relief.
Many of you have asked about where the fires are in relation to our home. We are OK. I can actually look at the mountains, and see blue sky above us. However, Trabuco Canyon, down in the actual canyon, has been evacuated. It is a very hard place to get to, and only one way out. Many horse trailers and vehicles are lined up on our main street coming up to my house. Kind of spooky. A colleague from work, also runs an animal rescue in Modjeska Canyoon, which has been hit pretty hard with fires. He evacuated with all the animals, but I haven't heard about his home yet. I wish I could have helped him and his animals.

No comments: