Saturday, October 13, 2007

DONE WITH CHEMO!

Yesterday was my last chemo. There was a very good chance that I wasn't going to have it, because my counts were so low on Thursday. I had to go retake it on Friday morning, then wait around for the results. There were some problems with the equipment, and we waited from 10 until 2 for the results. It was a go, so I got hooked up at 2 and we left at 4:30. Thank God I had my mother-in-law Micheline with me, because we chat so much that the time really flew by.
Thursday night I had a scare, Colin texted me from his room at 3 am and said he thought he had strep throat! I was quaking in my sheets! NO, NO, you can't get strep! I texted him back to tell him where the medicine was, and how much to take and I would set up a doctor appmt. for him in the morning. Needless to say I was worried about him, and me! I left for my doctor, and left him at home to go to the doctor. His Dad was meeting him there. No strep, but some sort of virus.
Colin and Mairin both had Homecoming tonight. When I download the pics I will post them.
Colin made it for pics and dinner, then had to go home and crash out.
I had great meals this week from Beth, and MaryAvis. Such a welcome for me and especially my kids. I also received a beautiful plant from Leslie, Heidi and Bec, in celebration of my last chemo. I am very thankful that this is my last chemo, but I don't feel too celebratory yet. It seems like each round left me a little more worn out than the last. Soon though, soon!
Sonny update, Harvard played Lafeyette today. It was a good game. Sonny was not cleared again because of his lingering shoulder injury. But he let his coach know he was not too happy about it. Next weekend is the Princeton game, and Sonny will have lots of family and friends in the stands, he vows he will play! They ended up winning today, in a very good game.
It was also a lot of fun to watch Mark pull in a victory for USC today! I could hear the Sanchez family shouting all the way to my house!
Last night I went to bed at 7 pm and woke at 8 am. Anyone ever done that? Wow. The dogs even cooperated, and held it. Now it is getting to be 9 pm...past my bedtime. I could get used to this.
Thanks for checking in on me.
Love,
Nancy

No comments: