Tuesday, October 2, 2007

One more chemo to go!

I had my doctor's appmt. on Mon. She consulted with her colleague, and they both agreed that there would not be enough of a benefit, vs. possible long term side effects, to recommend that I do Taxol. Yeah, no Taxol. This means that I will be done after Oct. 12! The homestretch. I wish that I had 3 doctors that all agreed that I should not have this next round, but I guess I will have to go with the 2/3.
I asked her about going to the DeLaSalle football game at Mission this Sat., and she basically said, "are you nuts?", with your blood counts? And only one more chemo to go? Risk getting sick, for football? OK, she is not a big fan of football, but I conceded. Plus, the game will be packed, and it is on TV after all.
My mother-in-law sent me the most gorgeous slinky long wrap yesterday! It is green, with flowers on it. I am def. not doing it justice in my description. I couldn't wait to wear it! Got up and dressed, put make-up on, donned the wig, and hit the office. I could have sold 10 of them if I had them! I felt pretty! Thanks Micheline!
Thanks for checking in on me,
Love,
Nancy

No comments: