Friday, October 5, 2007

It's a Chilli night out!

Today the weather was overcast with a chance of rain. Perfect for Chilli! I had the ingredients, and threw it together. Colin was at the beach today, so it was a perfect meal to warm him up.
Mairin and I ate some too. We have leftovers for football Saturday.
I had my blood tests today. My lowest of low. I expect it. I keep reminding myself that it is a good sign that my chemo is also attacking the stray cancer cells. If it wipes out the good, strong cells, then those weak, mutant cancer cells don't stand a chance!
I have an action planned Saturday. Beginning with the Harvard vs. Cornell game, on a live webstreaming from Cornell, at 10. Sonny travelled with the team, but has not been cleared to play. His shoulder needs another week. He is bummed, but vows to be a great motivator on the sidelines. His team is suffering from numerous injuries right now. This is a big game for them.
Then at 4, USC, and hoping to see Mark Sanchez shine! Then my alma mater, UCLA and the Moline bros. at 5. And last but not least, the Mission Viejo HS vs. DeLaSalle on FoxSports at 8.
I'm a happy camper!
Thanks for checking in on me.
Nancy

1 comment:

BillB said...

Hi Nancy. This is my first attempt at blogging, so I hope I'm doing it right...Amy told me about your blog. I read tonight's post and it sounds like a great idea for you to keep in touch with friends and vice versa. Perhaps as therapeutic as chemo without the nasty side effects? Sounds like your Saturday will be much like mine, including watching SC and UCLA and the Mission game. That reminds me of going up to Concord to watch Sonny in the DeLaSalle game. That season got me hooked on following those kids college football careers. I stumbled across the Harvard-Lehigh game on TV and wondered why I didn't see him until I read he banged up his shoulder. I hope he and you mend quickly and hope to see you at a MVHS game soon. Get better sooner! Bill and Trish