Sunday, September 16, 2007

Harvard's first game

Harvard played Holy Cross yesterday to kick off their season. Many good things happened on the field. The weather even cooperated, and the prediction of thunderstorms held off.
Unfortunately, HC scored the winning touchdown with 17 seconds left in the game. Harvard had the opportunity to win with a Hail Mary pass with 5 seconds left, but it fell to the ground.
This is the first time in 7 years that HC beat Harvard.
As the true team player that he is, Sonny was very disappointed. I was able to stream the game on the internet. Not making excuses, but the lineman that Sonny was going up against was 6'5 and 320 lbs!! I know that they will be working very hard this week preparing for the first ever night game in Harvard's history, vs. Brown this coming Saturday. They also start classes on Monday. Big week!
Meanwhile, I continue with my isolation and taking my antibiotics. I seem to be more tired lately too. I have been doing daily stretching, and yoga and taking naps. I am heading out to take the doggins for a little stroll. Gotta get out of the house!
thanks for checking up on me,
Nancy

1 comment:

darrell said...

I'm so glad i found your blog.It's great to hear how you are doing. I'm not the best communicator but i am thinking about you and sending prayers your way.Thank goodness for this internet world (although at times i do curse it).It's great that you can watch sonny's games.I know how much you enjoy this. We figured it out and had so much fun watching the game, especially since we knew someone on the field and could see him really well and knew gibson was there watching from the stands.She looked for sonny after locker room, but she said they were really glum and she got nervous to bother them. Hopefully she'll make the trek to boston and see him. I'm glad your blood count is better keep up the good work. Hopefully you will be able to receive hugs soon in the mean time xoxo! darrell