Thursday, September 13, 2007

How low can I go?

Today I had another follow up blood test, to see how I was rebounding from the low counts. While I was waiting to hear, Mairin and I went to SC pier and had lunch on the beautiful outdoor deck of Fisherman's Wharf. I am so glad we had that outing. For someone who has been cooped up since Sun. it was such a great treat. Then I got home to 4 phone messages, Dr, Pharmacist, Chemo nurse, and finally my doctor again. Couldn't be good.
To put it in perspective, when I was admitted to the hospital, my WBC was 1.7 and neutrophils were 425. Today my count was 1.0 and 200. Sun. my counts were 1.1 and 370. I am moving in the wrong direction. I immediately thought hospital and neupogen shots. When I reached my doctor, she asked about fever, (none) and if I had young kids at home (I don't consider teenagers young kids, so I said no). She called in a refill of my antibiotics
and said she was OK with me staying in my home, and monitoring my temp. She won't require me to do the shots, yet. She will retest my blood on Mon. If I don't show a change for the better, then we will make a decision.
The good news is , I feel pretty good. This low blood cell thing does not really make me feel any different. I do get worn out quickly though. I'll sleep well after my outing today.
We have been eating well too! Thank you to Kathy, Beth, Pat and Mary for all of the dinners. We really appreciate it.
Keep the emails coming, I love to hear from you! Just yesterday I got out all of my cards and re-read them. They made me smile!
Love,
Nancy

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Wow, Nancy, don't know what to say... It all seems too surreal, doesn't it? Sometimes you must feel on the outside looking in at a strange movie... So glad you had a nice day at the pier...Thanks for keeping us posted... I worry when I don't see a post for a few days...