Thursday, June 28, 2007

educate girls...educate!!!

I have been so inundated with questions re: breast density. I am no expert...but it does NOT matter how large or small your breasts are....we can NOT determine density by ourselves....it is a radiology term.....
It is a question that we need to ask our doctors when we get back our annual mammogram results. If your breast tissue is dense....then you need further testing. Cancer may not show up.
I know that for many of you out there reading this....taking my other breast may seem radical...but for ME.....the hardest part of this is the not knowing....and I will significantly reduce my chances by removing all of the breast tissue.
For those of us that are mothers of daughters.....please continue to stay updated on the fight against breast cancer....take nothing for granted..and don't rely on test results that may be outdated before your results are even in!
I feel so useful in this fight against breast cancer with the emails I have received re: breast denstiy and mammograms.......take charge of your health!!!!
Love you.
Nancy

No comments: