Monday, June 18, 2007

Welcome!

Hey Everyone!
Thanks a ton for stopping by and supporting my awesome mom!

On June 14th, Nancy was diagnosed with breast cancer. Although it was unexpected and never something that you are prepared to hear, she has been extremely positive and is just viewing it as a bump in the road. But that's for her to tell you...

Because she is the most amazing person ever, she is lucky enough to have friends like YOU to help support her through this tough process. However, although she appreciates every phone call, e-mail, note, etc. that she recieves, it is pretty much impossible to update everyone on how she is doing on a consistent basis, while still being a full-time realtor and extremely committed mother (reverse order, of course... ;) ). So she asked me about a blog (haha what a weird word...) and I told her that I would look into setting one up. So here we are!

I'll let her give a little introduction as well as I turn the reigns over to her.....

Thanks again for stopping by and take care!
Sonny

7 comments:

Cherie Harris said...

Schreiner,
Ever since you told me you were about to embark on this unbelievable journey, you have been direct, optimistic and of course, FUNNY! I love what you said to me, "I love my breasts, but I like my life better." Thank you for sharing your story and for allowing us to get a Schreiner dose each time we log on. Keep your spirits soaring!! xoxo Cherie

erin fitz said...

schreiner...
what a son you have raised! thank you, sonny.
i will hold your hand however you wish...
there is a huge circle around you-i hope you feel it!
keep us posted.

xoxoxo fitz

Peggy McL said...

Nancy,
Sigh, never a dull moment. I'm certainly happy to hear that you're tackling it head on and have your wonderful children to support you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I'm happy to jump in and help in whatever way we can. You've got a huge group of friends here to support you - be sure to call on us! xo, Peggy

Pam Snyder said...

Wow, Nancy. Life never slows down for you does it? You WILL conquer this as well and are aleady amazing us with your attitude and outlook. We are all here to keep the positve vibes going!

Jordan said...

Schreiner,
Please know that we are thinking of you and are here for whatever you may need. You are handling this admirably well and with great aplomb.
Sonny's blog introduction was sweet and wise (as is he) and we appreciate his words.
Let us know if you need anything and in the meantime I'm off to make you a delightful jello-grape-brown sugar surprise.
xoxo, Jordan

Leslie (Bugs) Sullivan said...

Hey Schreiner,
My family and friends who have had breast cancer seem to come out of it with more energy than ever before. I have no doubt that you will too, especially with your great attitude and Theta support group! Our own Rebecca Rader is a perfect example! My mom battled breast cancer years ago and now she's swing dancing until midnight, busy with charity work, etc. etc. Can't wait to celebrate the newly energized Schreiner! I'm with you in spirit and will be so in person, too! Lots of love and hugs!!

Nancy Shokohi said...

Schreiner,
I just returned from vacation with the family and got your news. The way I look at it, especially with you not surprising head on positive approach, is that it is just one more battle that us Thetas will wage together on your behalf, as well as ours. From my own experience, I know that all it takes is the positive attitude, sense of humor and love and support of your family and friends, all of which you have. Think positive at all times and if you get scared, which you will, then close your eyes and visualize your kids weddings or Palm Springs when we are all 70, or anything that you know will happen in the future where you will be present to enjoy and be part of . You are an amazing woman, and I am certain that with the love that the sisters are sending to you and your kids, along with their love, and that of the rest of your friends and family, that you will get through this. I love you and am here saying my prayers for you every day. xoxo Wersen