Tuesday, June 19, 2007

traffic and friends

Well today was a lot of driving. I went to my office to get my listings updated and on track for the "showcase of homes" open houses this weekend....then picked up C & M and went to lunch with the Mello's to CPK for lunch. Then began the crazy circle of picking up tissue slides (gross...I didn't even open the envelope) and all of my xrays...mammo's ,,,ultrasounds..etc... to deliver to the offices of my 2nd opinion.
I was SO impressed with the personal service that I received.at Kaiser....after 20 yrs. of having a PPO and then having to go to a HMO...I must admit I was really scared...but so far it has been really reassuring. I am going to get a 2nd opinion from Michele's doctor at the Breast Link who just released his 4th edition of The Breast Cancer Survival Guide"... I am hopeful that they will give me all of the necessary info. that I can give to my doctor next Tuesday when we meet to schedule my surgery. It looks like I will have a masectomy and the reconstruction...and most likely some type of chemo.
But...that is the GOOD news. I think the hardest part of this process was the intial diagnosis and then having to wait for the news if it had spread...at this point I am SO
ready to deal with the breast cancer...just let me be early and clear from all of the other reports. Tomorrow will be a big day.
The comments are SO appreciated. Go ahead and post pics of yourselves..your families..etc...
this will be my lifeline for the next few months.
Love,,
Nancy

4 comments:

Amy C. said...

Nanc,
Yea, I figured it out! Thank you for sharing your journey with us and letting us ride this wave with you. For being honest and so doggone funny! Your Sonny putting this blog together for you has put in mind "you reap what you sow." You have an iron circle of love in your children. Sending love and thoughts from way out here in Nashville. Wish I could do more. I look forward to your updates. xoxo, ame

buck said...

Nancy, HOWDY and we are thinking of you in TEXAS! Keeping a positive attitude is the best way to beat this thing and you seem to be on that track. Family and friends will get you through the rough patches and lordknows you have plenty of them! We look forward to hearing of your uphill progress. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and ALWAYS WILL BE!
Love, Tiffany and Brian
P.S. This blogging thing is kinda cool!

jc lucas said...

Whew.....Nancy, what a life altering, tumultuos week. Your personal and ever-so-Nancy pragmatic account, Sonny's remarkable welcome, all the wise comments and offerings of support -- all show you are one woman who's created a wellspring of love and strength in your life. I'm so honored to drink from your well.
Your courage and candor teach and nourish us all.
Becky reminded me of the Judgement card you had in your reading during PS. I recall saying something about a time for "being naked" while Bec focused on "rebirth and resurrection." We all need to say good bye to the amazing Nancy we knew before last Wednesday. Hello Nancy Schreiner McCracken Warrior Queen extradordinaire!!!!!
love, light and a huge hug,
janet

kelly,mark, the girls, and maria said...

hey nancy,

i hope you got my email, this blogging thing has taken me awhile to figure out, steppin way out of my box. we want you to know how much we are thinking of you and all our prayers are directed to you. we will be with you during your operation with all wonderful thoughts. love ya