Friday, June 22, 2007

what will I do....

Today I had my plastic surgery appointment. It was very informative...but seemed to leave me with more questions than answers. One that came up was....should I just do a double masectomy? I have extremely dense breast tissue...and cancers do not show up on regular mammograms.... also the plastic surgeon will have to do some work on my non-cancerous breast to match the right one anyway....SO....a new round of research and also more questions for my surgeon. Apparently,,,it will be a decision between me and my surgeon. I know that just a few years ago that HMO's wouldn't allow what they call prophalactic masectomies....now they do.
I am so confused right now. UGH!!!

1 comment:

eggen5 said...

Hi Nancy,

I hope you had a good day today. My thoughts are with you.

Julie Eggen