Sunday, July 29, 2007

Enjoyed my outing!

Yesterday was my big outing to Colin's lacrosse game up in LA....it was a beautiful day...sunny with a little breeze. LMU campus is so beautiful! Colin's team won their game handily...score of 8-1. Colin played great! I was so glad to be able to see a game...and meet his coach. It was a great experience for him this year. I managed to get through the drive, game and drive home again with little pain. I was exhausted,,,but happy! Might even try church today!

The bad news from yesterday came when I got home and learned that Sonny had a relapse of the illness he had from last week. Fever,,chills, muscle soreness and almost unbearable sore throat. I ordered him to his closest Urgent care..and he ended up at St. John's Hosp...which is where I was born....many years ago...but still harbor fond feelings for...why I don't know.
He was immediately given an IV...(he even hates the thought of IV's) for dehydration..and then they started poking around. He was attended to by my brother-in-law Larry. (Karrie's husband).who thankfully lives close-by. They ruled out strep and mono...and gave him intravenous penicillin...and sent him packing at 1 am. He went to my sisters house. They did a lot of blood work that should come back today. Of course Sonny is frustrated...he has a full schedule to tackle,,,work and football workouts. He has to follow the doctor's orders and get healthy! This is supposed to be his last week at his internship. He has thoroughly enjoyed the working experience...and the camaraderie of his co-workers. I really want Colin to drive me up there to see him....my sister is saying she will lock me out of the house! She says I can't afford to get sick...so close to my chemo....but he is still my little boy! We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

thanks for checking in with me!
Nancy

No comments: