Tuesday, July 31, 2007

updates on Sonny, and me too.

I have had sooo many emails and phone calls from friends asking how Sonny is doing. He seems to be getting better. He didn't make it in to work yesterday....but is planning on going in today. This has really knocked him back...and he feels like he will have to be a more patient, patient and allow his body to recuperate before he tackles the football workouts again. Thank you for your concern.
My sister-in-law, Michele came down for a visit today. She brought a goody bag with lots of fun stuff for me in preparation for this next phase of my treatment. It was great spending some time with her.
I actually made it in to the office meeting today. It was good to see all of the sales on the board...looks like our office is kicking it in the real estate market here in OC! That was great to see. It felt good to be in that environment and discussing business.
I spoke with my advisers at Kaiser today. I have a heart scan scheduled for Thursday, (to make sure my heart is pumping well,,,and can tolerate a particular kind of chemo) and my orientation in the infusion room (chemo room) for next Tuesday. My first chemo is actually on the books for next Thursday. Kind of feels weird to know that it is fast approaching.
Next Monday I go to the plastic surgeon again to have the stitches removed. Then I head to the nutritionist to check on a protocol for supplements during the chemo process.
Looks like next week is going to be pretty busy.
Thanks for keeping tabs on the McCracken clan!
Love,
Nancy

No comments: