Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm back....just don't make me laugh....yet.

Well,,,I got home last night from the hospital.....finally!!!! We learned that I was getting fever at night from an allergic reaction to the sleeping pills!!! Come on!
My fever went to 99.9 on Mon. night....45 min. after getting my sleeping pill.....I had an ah-hah moment and told the nurse of my discovery...she immediately gave me an injection to counter the effects (had my fever gone over 100....again....I would not have been released),,,then she gave me a shot to help me sleep....and I slept...and awoke with no fever! In the meantime I was being tested for pneumonia, bladder infections...etc..etc.....the good news is I'm out!
I slept well in my own surroundings.
Thank yous.
My sister Karrie is amazing. What she has done for me does not fall within the realm of sisterly duty. She has virtually put her life on hold...and been there for me 24/7. For those of you who know her....you know that she leads an extremely busy life. Her oldest son, Nick is doing an internship at Cedars, Patrick, 15, left yesterday for Thailand to save elephants and study some type of martial art,,for 3 weeks...Beau just got home from a visit to the east coast and is now doing a soccer camp at Pepperdine,,,and Marlowe, 10, is dancing with the Debbie Allen dance company from 9-4 daily. The coordination of just her kids schedule alone has taken monumental coordination from Larry, and her many friends. This cancer of mine has far reaching trickle down effects! I can only humbly say thank you from the bottom of my heart,,,and for being there for my kids too.

Sonny, Colin and Mairin are also busy in their individual lives,,,,but have been so helpful and their positive energy is just what the doctor ordered!
My Dad has been consistently there. He offers steadfast love and support.
My family and friends have been so supportive in so many ways. It has all helped me so much.

During the visualization tapes one of the activities was to bring up all of the people in my life that have had a positive impact on me, ever. Then imagine them all in a circle, acting as a shield against any negative energy. This circle watched over me during surgery and during recovery.
These faces were from childhood, college, Texas, North Carolina, family and friends that were reconnected,,,and also some faces that are no longer here in the present.
They were your faces. I am so blessed. And so are my kids. It is such a comfort to them to know that there is a support group in place that is also looking out for them as well.

Now,,,,as far as not making me laugh.....when my brother Joe visited from San Diego...he started telling me a story....that I could tell was a gut-ripper...as in funny. I had to hold up my hand and put on my "serious-face"...and then threaten to get him thrown out....if he tried to make me laugh. All of you my friends make me laugh. We all have some great stories to share that bring us rounds of laughter. My chest is not there ....yet. So file away those stories....and I am so looking forward to the day when I can laugh with you! I hope it is not in the too far future!

I love you!
Nancy.....on her way to new and improved!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Welcome Back Nancy!!! And already typing on the computer!!!

So glad you have such a great circle of support... Here's to smooth healing for you...

Claudia C said...

We are so glad that you are back home. You will get much better there!!! Thak goodness for allergies, we were worried that you had pneumonia. Take it easy! You deserve it.

Sheri R. said...

Nancy,
So great to talk to you this morning. You really need to consider becoming a writer you are very good at it. Thanks for all the helpful info and I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. Your sister sounds awesome, now I know why when you talk about her you always smile. hang in there my friend soon you will be back to the grind. Get some rest and please call if you need anything at all. PS I still think I can beat Sonny....Ha Ha

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy-

I am so proud of you. It sounds like you did great. I have seen first hand that this is not an easy thing but your souind like your doing well. My Mom just went thru a Masecomy June 20th and I help to nurse her back to health. She is a real fighter and very positive as you are. And having such great support from family & friends is the key.I wish you all the best. Keep in touch.
Cammy Spencer