Friday, August 17, 2007

good-bye Sonny! Kick some butt at Harvard!

Well, we sent Sonny off, back to Harvard this morning on the early, 7 am flight, JetBllue out of Long Beach. (turns out, Coach Mickelson from MVHS was on his flight) We will miss him so much! Needless to say, he is a large presence in our home!
This has been such a fun summer, having him on the west coast, even if it was spent for the most part up in Santa Monica with his internship. Evolution Capital was such a blessing, as were his fun-loving roommates. Some highlights include: surfing at SC pier with family and friends for his 20th bday, Karrie's 50th, complete with camel, the amazing apartment in Santa Monica, his "party" in the apartment in which they invited neighbors and their first guests were the cute Russian elderly couple who brought a plate of appetizers; more surfing, dinners with the great guys from work at fabulous LA famous eateries, and of course being flown to Las Vegas on the corporate jet,,,for a weekend of well....he said they had fun!
For me personally, having him here on the west coast was huge. He helped me soooo much with my devastating news, and was with me in the hospital, and at home for recovery, and took me to my first chemo. Sonny, Colin and Mairin are my pillars of strength! I am so blessed to have such great kids, that truly love each other and have fun together.
Sonny is going to kick some butt in football this year! He is so excited ! I will keep everyone posted about the games, and if they are on satellite TV. He is #49. He promised me when he left that I will be a motivation for him, not a distraction. Maybe I will send him a little tiny pink bow to tie on his cleat, for luck!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Very nice family picture! Glad Sonny had a nice send-off! :-)