Friday, August 3, 2007

Boob Viewing and more

Well, here I am ...at home...both Colin and Mairin are at the beach..afterall it is summer. They should be at the beach. Sonny is celebrating the end of his internship with a little jaunt to Las Vegas on his boss's private jet,,,,staying at the Wynn...then back tomorrow. I already lectured him about taking it easy...going to bed early and making sure he takes his medicine so he won't have a third relapse....he assured me that it will just be a trip of r and r......nothing crazy. Does he think I have not seen those commercials "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...
Oh well.
Yesterday Colin drove me to my MUGA scan. He did a very good job. Last scan that I had to do before chemo. We then drove to the wig shop and ordered a wig. It was nice to have Colin and Mairin's input. Add one more expense to this ordeal. Not that I couldn't do without a wig. I go back and pick it up,,,once my hair falls out...so they can do the final fitting on my bald head. Fun!
Wed. night Colin drove Mairin and me to Balboa Island to visit with the Flynn's and also say hey to Fitz. It was a nice little get away for me.
At the vet this morning the nurse volunteered to show Mairin and me (probably would have shown Colin too...but he was parking the car) her newly reconstructed boobs from her double-mastectomy from a year ago! She was so proud! I think Mairin and I were a little shocked....but then we were able to eeck out a little,,oh..my yes they are lovely. Tattoed nips too I see! and I considered myself not too modest.!!! Yikes! .....she did tell me that they give you steroids during chemo...so be prepared to gain a lot of weight! That is the first I have heard of that. It is on my list of questions for my doctor.

Well, it has cooled down a little a bit...so I am off for my walk.

No comments: