Thursday, August 23, 2007

good news....while getting an IV

Today was supposed to just be a blood test. Colin drove me. Before the nurse stuck me I started feeling faint (took this cue from Colin in the old days). Blood pressure of 84/60 which was the reason for my "lightheadedness". They wheeled me up to urgent care and gave me a liter of fluid. They said I was not drinking enough water. HUH! I'm not just drinking water, I'm drinking Smart Water...and it seems like gallons. Oh well. While I was "drinking my IV" the blood test results came back. All good news. My WBC recovered to 3.9 (from a low of 1.4) and my platelets and RBC were all good. Yeah! That is particularly good news because after my shot yesterday, I developed intense bone pain. Now I don't have to get these shots. The pain should wear off in a couple of days. Meanwhile, the urgent care doctor gave me a shot of something for the pain...and for the first time I got loopy! I didn't care for the feeling. I came home and "slept it off". I am behind on my thank yous: Mary for coordinating the dinner schedule and moral support, Lena for the super suppers, Kathy for the smart waters, MaryAvis and Rick for the Woodranch dinner and all of the extras, including the beautiful plant,,,,,,and also the Dance Moms who have been driving Mairin to and from dance. Diny for the scarf and encouraging words,,,and so sorry if I have left anyone out. My Mom would be so disappointed in me for saying thank you ,,not just in an email, but on a blog no less!!! Tacky, tacky. But I'm too tired to do it any other way. Good night and thanks for checking in on me. love, Nancy

No comments: